Saturday, April 8, 2017

Coming Together

So I have started to do the final layout of my magazine and you guys better sit tight because its very different than what I originally thought of. But first, here are some videos of me in the process of editing. 





For this edit, I had done the bulk of the editing job on the earlier mentioned Corel PhotoPaint, however when I look back at it I noticed some minor imperfections that I wanted to touch up. To do this, I used Apple's IPhoto editor. In the video, you can see me brightening up the overall image and smoothing out some imperfections. 






Here is another video of me editing, this time on the layout itself. You'll notice in the rough draft I show later on that I changed a lot of elements since this edit. 

 I have been using the editing program called Canva that was recommended to me by a friend. Canva has been incredibly helpful and incredibly user friendly. They have multiple layouts that you can choose from and from their I just added the images and text I wanted. Simple!
As for the actual magazine, here is the rough draft I created.As you can see, I put the cover lines at the bottom of the magazine instead of the top. I thought I would go outside the box and differentiate my magazine from that of most food magazines. However, before I make this idea final I plan on researching doing this to make sure titles at the bottom of the magazine still appeal to my target audience. As for the font, I wanted to keep things simply, yet still classy which is the reason that I did not choose a cursive font because I felt it would've ruined some if the aesthetic that I was trying to create. In my table of contents, I made an image a half page on both of them to not only display the food, but to also reel in viewers enticing pictures. My table of contents and cover page (aside from the research for the cover lines) is pretty much done minus some minor edits. The double page spread is not done and will be different the next time you see it. I am planning on the double page spread being a recipe for yeast donuts done four ways, but I will show you the final product once it is done. 
As I assembled my magazine and become more familiar with the feel I was trying to create, I realized that the farm to table idea I had thought of earlier wasn't working with what I was creating. That is why you don't see that theme displayed throughout my layout. Instead of the farm to table idea, what I found myself creating was something more elegant and delicate. In the end I believe the message that I was always trying to portray is that food is an art form and if presented in the correct way, it can appear as art too. I think in the images I used and what I have created so far that food, specifically desserts does come off as an art form. 








Love, 
Liz





No comments:

Post a Comment