Monday, April 10, 2017

Support Pt. 2

   Just because you can never have enough support, particularly with a shift in ideas I figured a second post wouldn't hurt. Wanted to find more research on food being considered to be an art and boy did I land bug when I stumbled upon a very pointed New York Times article. The article stated that “Like art, food is also a genuine passion that people like to share with their friends.” That, along with some research I gathered earlier and can be seen in an earlier post by Fast Company that states that there has been a trend in the food world of viewing food magazines as a statement piece for coffee tables. This gave me the inspiration I needed to confirm my magazine being a "food as art" theme. Doing this also gave me more leeway with my cover lines since many art magazines, such as Art in America keep their cover lines off the front to allow the cover image to be the focus. 
   And with that, I was now gaining inspiration from two types of magazines which meant my target audience morphed a little. Instead of now appealing more to the middle class, I also reigned in some people from the upper class. Thankfully, the two types of target audience merged pretty easily together which means success for me because now I am reaching an even broader range of people.

Love, 
Liz

Deresiewicz, W. (2012, October 27). A Matter of Taste? Retrieved April 10, 2017, from http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/28/opinion/sunday/how-food-replaced-art-as-high-culture.html

Rubinstein, R., Small, Z., Iadarola, A., Khan, N., Vine, R., Owens, C., . . . Spivack, E. (n.d.). Art In America. Retrieved April 10, 2017, from http://www.artinamericamagazine.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment