Sunday, April 9, 2017

Support

I am so excited.  But before I get to that, let me show you the rest of my completed double page spread.  I wanted to the image on the first page to be the focus and that, along with the white cover title, I think is a nice contrast that provides interest for the reader. The font I chose was the same one as earlier. On the second page, I showed two pictures of the completed donuts to show viewers what they have the potential to make. I provided a step by step guide on how to make the donuts. I got inspiration from magazines such as Cooking Light and Sift.


Now for the thing I am excited about! So I knew I wanted my cover lines of the cover page (shown below) to be on the bottom so that way I could showcase the image and have my magazine stand out against competitors. According to an article written by Canva. "Create a cover design that attracts attention for being unusual, extreme or prominent; a cover that stands out like a sore thumb on a crowded magazine rack. And as these striking magazine covers demonstrate, create a design concept that is closely tied to the theme of the magazine issue." Mine falls into the "striking" category because of the cover lines being at the bottom.
50 Design Techniques That Made These Magazine Covers Awesome [Epic Case Studies]. (2015, October 13). Retrieved April 09, 2017, from https://designschool.canva.com/blog/magazine-cover-design/

No comments:

Post a Comment