Saturday, March 11, 2017

Going Places

   I have finally decided which food path I am going to take for my magazine layout. Being the sugarholic I am, it seemed only appropriate that I do a deserts and baked goods layout. 
   
   When I envision my layout, I know I want it to be clean, crisp, and aesthetically pleasing. For the cover page, I picture something simple and fairly neutral in color. I do not want to riddle the magazine cover page with cover lines, and instead want to focus on the luxurious feeling that desserts can give people. One dessert magazine that I have drawn inspiration from is Desserts Magazine. 

  
  

      
    I like the feel the magazine above gives off, although I do intend to create a few more cover lines so readers can know what to expect.

   Aside from the cover page, I also see the table of contents being crisp and clean, the focus being on the images.  The table of contents will also be two pages, with an image in between the two. 

  The one place I am still lost in is what actual recipes I want to include. If I had to think of a phrase to describe what to include it would be “professionally simple”, in other words that kind of food you know wasn’t that hard to make but left your friends and family not knowing that you were a Masterchef and should probably sign up for Hell’s Kitchen. 
So far these are just a few ideas and I am going to keep researching to see what else I find, however I am willing to bet it will be torture since I’ll want to eat my research. 

Love, 
Liz

Magazines Archives. (n.d.). Retrieved March 10, 2017, from http://www.dessertsmagazine.com/category/magazines

No comments:

Post a Comment