Friday, March 24, 2017

What Is Farm to Table?

   The farm to table revolution took off several years ago an soon a small plea for healthy eating became a world wide fad. Farm to table food began to become marketed and even fashionable, with many social media stars boasting about their fresh food intake and restaurants now claiming that they only serve the freshest of foods. However amongst all this, I've noticed that  people don't really know what it is (myself included). So what is it?

   According to The Spruce, farm to table is different for every person, but the umbrella definition of it is food that came directly from a farm without going through a chain of intermediaries. Luck for me, I live in the Sunshine State that has miles of farmable land.  In other words, I have a lot of farmer's markets to hit up which is amazing because I love farmer's markets. 

   There are several popular farmer's markets in near me, including: 
      -FORT LAUDERDALE: Broward Health Imperial Point Farmers Market
      - WESTCHESTER: Southwest Community Farmers Market
      -PLANTATION: Plantation Farmers Market
       -FORT LAUDERDALE: Lauderdale By-The-Sea Farmers Market
   And I am sure many others that I've missed. I look forward to trying them all!

Love, 
Liz

How the Farm-to-Table Revolution Is Taking Root in Fashion -. (2016, September 27). Retrieved March 24, 2017, from http://campfire-capital.com/startup/farm-table-fashion/

Shop Local Farmers Markets in South Florida. (n.d.). Retrieved March 24, 2017, from http://ediblesouthflorida.ediblecommunities.com/shop/farmers-markets-south-florida

What Farm-to-Table Really Means. (n.d.). Retrieved March 24, 2017, from https://www.thespruce.com/farm-to-table-2216574

No comments:

Post a Comment