Sunday, March 19, 2017

It's Coming Together

   I have finally begun to narrow down the kind of recipes I want my magazine to show case. I recently watched the Netflix series Chef's Table that really helped to center my ideas, particularly episode 2 featuring Dan Barber. Barber is a world round chef focused on making farm to table cooking sustainable. 

  And with that something struck. 

    I came to the realization that food nowadays is overdressed and often the ingredients that go in are over processed. It is no longer good enough to create a magazine that simply has great food, no, my magazine needs to be revolutionary. As I got to thinking that there is not better way to make it revolutionary than to take people backwards instead of forwards to the next tech induced desert and allow consumers to experience true farm to table desserts. 

   Through research I found two current food blogs that emulate similar food I would like to create, Apt. 2B Baking Co. and The Vanilla Bean Blog. The dished they create focus on more natural flavors and see not soaked in general. The images below are some examples of recipes I would like to try to create. 
                                                                
Rhubarb and Honey Panna Cotta
Vanilla Cornmeal Cake with Roasted Strawberries

    
Apple Brioche Dnouts                                 
       












  I am going to research more about the farm to table movement and farm to table deserts in general, until then, stay hungry. 

Love, 
Liz

Apple Brioche Donuts. (n.d.). Retrieved March 19, 2017, from http://www.bakemag.com/Formulations/Formulations/Detail/Donuts/Apple-Brioche-Donuts.aspx

Baking. (n.d.). Retrieved March 19, 2017, from http://thevanillabeanblog.com/recipes/baking

Blog. (n.d.). Retrieved March 19, 2017, from http://www.apt2bbakingco.com/?offset=1485805485752

Adams, T. (2017, January 15). Dan Barber's long-term mission: to change food and farming for ever. Retrieved March 19, 2017, from https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/jan/15/dan-barber-mission-to-change-food-and-farming

No comments:

Post a Comment