Sunday, March 26, 2017

Success

   As you all know, yesterday I had my own little food photoshoot and lucky for me it went really well. 




   The picture all the way to the left was just me making the donuts, which I had so much fun with by the way. Also, side note, donuts fresh from the frier is probably one of the most spiritual experiences I've had so far. The picture in the middle shows how I presented the donuts; I used different background to play with different colors and textures, you'll see this in some of the raw pictures I show later. Lastly, the bottom image shows the lighting setup I used (it looks like my house became a little food runway).  I used mostly white light in the pictures to get a brighter more daylight effect and one yellow light to warm up the images. 

   Here are some of the raw images I took: 



  This image I really liked. I thought the black granite background provided a nice contrast to the colors of the food. In the final image I blurred the background a little and intensified some of the colors from the fruits. 
   The image above I liked, but I don't think the whole background provided as nice of contrast as did the granite background. 

    The image to the right I also liked a lot, the focus of the image came out great with the chocolate donut being in focus and everything beneath it out of focus. Unfortunately, the donut had an imperfection, however, when I edited the photo I cloned other parts of the donut to cover the spot. 
   The image to the left needed very little in terms of editing, all I did was enhance some of the colors to make them more vibrant. 










   Here are my edited photos (I edited them using the program Corel Photo Paint):





 I am planning on using the first image as my cover page. 

Love, 
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment