Saturday, March 25, 2017

Picture Time

 
   Yesterday I embarked on taking pictures of my food for the first time, I had my try at donuts: they were delicious. Sadly, my phone was running low on battery and I haven't uploaded the photos from my camera yet.
   Fortunately, I did capture this one picture of my donut dough resting. 

  I used a combination of an umbrella and a light, this is where I faltered. I DEFINTIELY needed to use more umbrellas to get better lighting because the images came out way to dark as seen in exhibit A...

Thankfully, I think there may be some saving this picture by enhancing the overall lighting via editing. Sadly, this is the only one that made it, the others are for sure too dark. For future the future (i.e. today) I plan on using way more umbrellas to get the lighting I desire. 
Speaking of, what I going for is more high key lighting (I know, funny since I did the opposite in the image above). When I was researching and flipping through food magazines like Cooking Light, I found that high key lighting was the most common form of lighting used since it gives the best view of the food to consumers. 

   And now to today, I am spending my Saturday making a new donut batch and retaking 
my pictures. Similar to the picture below, I am going to stack the donuts. Unlike the picture below, I am going to try and achieve the high key lighting that I tried and failed to do earlier, but we'll see how it goes. Wish me luck.


   I'll post pictures tomorrow of how my photoshoot today comes out. Until then, stay hungry.

   P.S. don't put a mixer full of flour on high...it will end badly.


Love,

Liz

Kaucic, E. (2015, February 11). What Do You Know About Sexy Food? Retrieved March 25, 2017, from https://www.pinterest.com/pin/406590672589491800/

No comments:

Post a Comment